Family Foraging and Woodland Fun
Time & Location
About the Event
Little Forest Feet is collaborating with The Hitchin Forager to bring you a special Family Foraging and Forest School afternoon on Saturday May 25th!
Parents/carers will have the opportunity to experience a foraging walk with The Hitchin Forager whilst children aged 3 to 10 years* old have a Forest School adventure in the woods! You will come together at the end to help prepare some snacks using foraged food, create a campfire and enjoy the delicious treats. Instruments are welcome to be brought along for a sing song at the end!
The event will be held in the Little Forest Feet woodland site in Weston Fishing Lake Woodland, SG4 7BY.
* Children under 3 will need one accompanying adult to stay with them if attending the Forest School session, alternatively they can join the adults on the foraging walk. Children over 10 can join adults on the foraging walk.
Do I need to pay for my baby in a sling?
- No, families do not need to pay for babies still in slings/carriers if attending with one paying child/adult.
What do you do if it rains?
- We have fun jumping in the muddy puddles! Please wear waterproofs... nobody likes being soggy! We do have some tarps we can put up to shelter some areas but the children normally just want to play out in the rain! In the event of storms or high winds, sessions are cancelled for everyone's safety.
The sessions are 100% outdoors, rain or shine! We have tarpaulins we put up and have some natural shelter however the children must be dressed appropriately so are ready for all weathers! There is no such thing as bad weather... just bad clothing!
The children must wear/bring:
Long sleeved top and long trousers to protect from weather, bits/strings and scrapes.
Waterproof trousers and jacket/suit
Wellingtons or waterproof shoes
Parents please bring:
A travel mug/cup for a warm hot drink for yourselves! (We have smaller mugs for the children).
Insect repellent (we have some if you do not have any and feel you need it).
Book online and ensure you have filled out a registration form for your family.
In the unlikely event of illness or very high winds or stormy weather, the session may need to be cancelled as it is not safe to carry out sessions in such weather. In this event, you will be contacted as soon as possible and will either be refunded or where possible offered an alternative date.
Unfortunately due to staffing , resourcing and planning needs we are unable to offer refunds once your ticket has been purchased.
We hope to see you there! Questions? Please send them to email@example.com
- Family Ticket£30£300£0
- One Parent and One child£20£200£0
- Additional child£8£80£0
- Additional adult£10£100£0